The secure messaging feature built into the app requires a separate login to ensure information exchanged here complies with HIPAA. The steps below walk you through creating a password and using biometrics or a PIN to log in. After these steps are completed, you will use the password and biometrics or PIN combination to access secure messaging. If you forget your password, you will follow the same steps to reset it.
IMPORTANT: Your device must be secured with a PIN or biometrics before you can set a Secure Messaging password.
The first time you access this area, you will need to establish a password using the password reset function.
- Tap the Messages icon in the lower right corner of the app.
- Tap Cancel when the Secure Login prompt appears.
- Tap Reset Password to have a code sent to your email.
- Open your email and enter the code in the Code field on the Reset Password screen, then tap OK.
- Enter a password on the Create New Password screen and tap OK.
- If your device supports biometrics, you will be asked if you want to use them to authenticate. Tap Yes to use this option. If your device does not support biometrics, you will be asked if you want to authenticate with a PIN. Tap Yes, enter at least 4 digits in the PIN field, then tap OK.