Alerts - Global vs. Participant Level Alerts
Modified on: Wed, 16 Mar, 2022 at 8:41 AM
- When Alerts are set on questions in either the Available Questions or a Series, they are considered Global or Question level Alerts.
- This means that all Participants whose response exceeds the threshold for that question will trigger an Alert.
- The TouchPointCare system also gives you the ability to set Alerts specific to a Participant.
- These Participant level Alerts allow you to further customize the system for your business and your Participants.
- Participant level Alerts act the same as Global Alerts.
- A question can have a Global Alert and be overridden by a Participant level Alert for maximum flexibility.
- Participant level Alerts can only be set after a TouchPoint has been created.
- Participant level Alerts can be set from the main menu Question > Assign Series Alerts by Participant, where you select which Participant and which Series and then select the question on which you want to set the Alert.
- Participant level Alerts always override the Question or Global level Alerts.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.